Albany, NY – (March 3, 2009) – The Cleaning Industry Research Institute (CIRI) today announced that it is in the final stages of acquiring the KaiScience Web site currently owned and operated by Kaivac, Inc.
"Bob Robinson, Kaivac’s CEO, has graciously offered to donate his highly successful KaiScience Web site to us at no cost," said Jim Harris, Sr., CIRI Chairman. "The new Web site (www.CIRIScience.org) will accelerate progress toward what the cleaning industry has been asking for — a credible source for the latest scientific research focused on cleaning. This will be a significant benefit to CIRI members and to the public that depends on them for a clean and healthy indoor environment."
Since its inception, the KaiScience Web site and its content have been managed by Allen Rathey (Instruction Link/JanTrain, Inc.), a leading consultant in the cleaning industry, and his son Paul, the site’s technical director. Both will be retained by CIRI for site management.
Site goals include to:
- Help separate cleaning science facts from myths;
- Bring visitors and members the latest, unbiased cleaning science information in a user-friendly, easy-to-read format;
- Allow for easy research on topics relevant to current and future industry trends;
- Provide a venue for cleaning industry stakeholders to debate, discuss and interact amongst themselves and with members of the science community;
- Feature a "Members Only" section, and;
- Precipitate a change in CIRI’s member dues structure to encourage membership among cleaning practitioners.
Contact: Jim Harris, Sr, President/CEO, 888.285.2474