CIRI is a 501.c.3 not-for-profit institute and community. CIRI promotes cleaning science, using unbiased scientific research and data, in the cleaning industry and its affiliations, including disaster restoration. CIRI’s purpose is to raise awareness of the importance of effective cleaning through scientific research. To accomplish this purpose, CIRI:
- Promotes health-based cleaning and infection control.
- Acts as the clearinghouse and central source for objective, peer-reviewed scientific and technical information.
- Facilitates unbiased research and scientific inquiry on cleaning and restoration practices.
- Communicates research findings on effective techniques and practices to achieve healthy building environments.
- Improves public understanding of the impact of cleaning, restoration and building operations and maintenance on public health and hygiene.
CIRI membership includes individuals, including:
- Contract cleaners
- In-house cleaning professionals
- Disaster restoration professionals
- Others with interests in common with the cleaning industry and its affiliations.
It also includes businesses, including manufacturers, distributors, contract cleaning companies, disaster restoration companies and other for-profit businesses.
Finally, CIRI membership includes non-profits, academic institutions and government agencies. In short, if you have an interest in the science of cleaning, CIRI is here to serve you.
Join today by submitting an application online. All memberships are approved by majority vote of the CIRI board and payment of dues.